Happy New Year! I’ve been having a good think about what I’d like to achieve in 2018. I’ve thought of a few goals I’d like to tackle both personally and with my blog, so I thought I’d share what I have in mind. In the past, I’d never really thought about what my aims were for a new year, but setting goals has given me motivation to work hard and do my best to accomplish them.
- Photos: This year, I really want to make sure that all my blog photos are good quality and stand out. They’re the first thing that people see when they look at a post, so I really want my photos to encourage people to read my blog. Also, I’d love to invest in a DSLR camera this year, as I know this would help to improve my picture quality.
- Consistency: I will admit that my consistency was not the best last year, so I’d like to be more consistent with my posts. Hopefully planning ahead and being more disciplined will help me to achieve this.
- Theme Updates: I’m not the best at keeping my blog theme up to date at the moment, but this year I want that to change. I intend to keep on top of theme updates and install them straight away, as well as making sure I’m happy with the colours and layout of my blog (and changing them about if I want to).
- Social Media: The Instagram algorithm has become a big pain for bloggers recently. Despite this, I really want to reach 2,000 genuine followers (I’ve been stuck on 1,800 for far too long). Also, I will make sure I keep an Instagram story going as much as I can, as I’ve found this helps with engagement. With Twitter, I’m going to aim high and hope to reach 2,000 followers by the end of this year. To do this, I know I’ll need to tweet more and engage with different people, something I struggled with last year. Facebook and Pinterest are the two platforms I still need to learn more about, so I want to take time to learn how I can maximise engagement with each.
- Exercise: I will hold my hands up and say I’m not good at having a routine for doing exercise. The main reason I want to exercise more this year is to give myself more energy and to build strength. I’m going to start simple. I really enjoy swimming, so I’d like to swim once a week. I’m hopefully going to join a gym, and again go once a week. The other days of the week will consist of taking long walks in the countryside, which is made easier as I live in a village.
- Healthy Lunches: During the week I have my lunch at work, and rather than having the same kinds of sandwiches everyday, I want to mix it up and make pasta salads and healthy meal preps that will last for a few days. This will mean on a Sunday night I can make lunch for a few days and I will use healthy ingredients that I like to give me the energy I need.
- Down Time: We all have busy lives, and down time is so important. I want to try and do different things to relax that don’t involve scrolling through social media (I far too often aimlessly scroll through Twitter and Instagram). Listening to music, reading a book or watching a film are all better options and they really help me to switch off for a while.
- Pamper Time: It’s easy to make time to do the things I have to do, like take a shower and brush my teeth. But I really want to make more time to have a relaxing bubble bath or put on a face mask. They may sound like simple things, but taking the time to have a pamper always makes me feel better and ready to take on the next day.