Winter is the time to treat yourself to yummy puddings, and apple crumble has to be my favourite thing to make. It was the one dish I made in food tech lessons at school that turned out well, so I’ve carried on making it ever since. This recipe is really quick, easy to follow and makes a delicious apple crumble; perfect for enjoying on a cold winter day!
What you’ll need (serves 4):
- 50g butter or margarine
- 100g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 25g golden caster sugar
- 1tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1tbsp demerara sugar
- 3 medium cooking apples
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Rub the butter/margarine and flour together in a large mixing bowl to form a breadcrumb texture.
- Add the oats and sugar to the bowl and mix well together.
- Core and peel the apples and slice thinly.
- Place the apple slices into a greased oven proof dish.
- Drizzle the rice malt syrup evenly over the apple slices.
- Spoon the crumble mixture on top of the apples and sprinkle the demerara sugar on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is golden on top.
- Serve hot with custard or leave to cool to enjoy later.